Wednesday, May 4, 2016

My vote

I write this not to influence your vote, but to encourage you to consider enumerating what you value and what you want to see in our incoming government. I value transparency and good governance; a government that leads an example of transparency, fights corruption and delivers efficient public service. I value compassion; a government that understands and acts on our problems and issues. I value non-violence; a government that does not use violence to achieve peace and order and that upholds human rights. I want to see reconciliation in and healing of our fragmented country after this polarizing election.

Kaya, an voto ko PoeRo!

Early today, I voted at the embassy in Den Haag. It was a good and sunny day, a rarity in the Netherlands.

I voted for two mothers. Imagine two mothers taking care and looking after the welfare and interests of their children.Imagine how they do their best to protect and stand for their children. Imagine how they prudently spend our money. Imagine how they are willing to sacrifice for the sake of their children. Imagine how they attach their future with their children's. Imagine how they own and share the dreams, joys and struggles of their children. Imagine. These are natural to them. For six years, we will have twice the power, genuine love and service of a mother in our government.

I voted for good governance and against political dynasty. I believe PoeRo is a tandem that will serve the country without a view and tendency of clinging to power. No family members of PoeRo are simultaneously running for elective positions.

I voted for the future. This election has evoked so much indignation, frustration, deception and fear. I believe PoeRo will ease these negative feelings and sentiments that are prevailing in the hearts of many of us. I believe PoeRo will replace these negativities with hope, compassion, sincerity and genuine openness to listen to the people. They have been exemplary in positive campaigning. After this election, I believe their government can be unifying.

I voted Poe for President and Robredo for Vice-President!

I pray that your vote is grounded on your values and vision for the country, at least for the coming six years.

No comments:

Post a Comment